Tuesday, July 15, 2014

In the beginning...

OK, this is my first attempt at a Blog and I don't promise that I will be both regular and entertaining in my posts.  That disclaimer aside I did say that I would try and stay in contact with you my friends and family, so here goes.

I arrived in Boston on the 4th July - it was nice of the city to put on fireworks just for me...ahem.

I booked a local hotel in Harvard Square for convenience and the next morning I set about my long list of to dos.  First stop - the bank.  Joy of joys they are open here on Saturdays. The lovely bank manager at Bank of America opens an account for me in half an hour! Next stop- a US cell phone - another painless process.  I'm on a roll and it only gets better.  Bryce at Harvard Housing is a doll - she introduces me to my building's site manager - the super helpful Joe.  Before I know it I have a storage cage in the basement for surplus stuff.

My studio apartment is very conveniently located. A short walk from Harvard Square, the Kennedy school, and the Charles River.




The building is not fully occupied at the moment.

And the undergrad housing which is scattered all over has tumble weeds blowing through it.  It is lovely and peaceful.  I plan to enjoy it before the screaming hoards of American teenagers arrive in September.....

Opposite my building is a Harvard Police substation.  They have cool cars and bikes...





CHIPS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment